Monday, January 9, 2017

Evolve 64 Review

Roderick Strong returns to Evolve, while an old face from Johnny Gargano's past re-emerges!!


This post is going to be a little different, and will signal a slight change in my blog going forward. For those of you who may not know, I started writing for Voices of Wrestling, a fantastic wrestling site that covers companies from all corners of the globe. While I started writing mainly about ROH for the site, my role expanded, as I got the opportunity to write previews and reviews for WWE, New Japan, and even Evolve. Since I'm now writing for Voices of Wrestling, there's going to be a change with some of my reviews. If I put up a post for the show on my blog that I already wrote a review for on Voices of Wrestling, I'll share a link to that review in the post, and you can read my full thoughts on the show. However, I will keep posting my star ratings for the matches on this show, and others, because I feel like my match ratings from a certain show might change slightly over time. If that ends up being the case, and I post star ratings on my blog that were different from a review I did for Voices of Wrestling, I will highlight those matches in bold, to indicate the change. I encourage everyone to check out my reviews on Voices of Wrestling, along all of the other awesome reviews, articles, and podcasts they put out. They're a fantastic wrestling website, and it's a real pleasure to write for them.


Evolve 64
Woodside, Queens, New York 7/16/16

1.) WWE Cruiserweight Classic Spotlight Series - Cedric Alexander vs. Johnny Gargano: ****1/4

2.) Four-Way Freestyle - Tony Nese vs. Fred Yehi vs. Chris Dickinson vs. Darby Allin: ***1/4

3.) "All Ego" Ethan Page vs. Wheeler Yuta: N/A

4.) Jigsaw vs. Zack Sabre Jr.: ****

5.) Matt Riddle vs. Roderick Strong: ****

6.) Evolve Title - Timothy Thatcher vs. Marty Scurll: ***1/4

7.) Evolve Tag Team Titles – Catch Point (Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams) vs. Drew Galloway & Chuck Taylor: ***1/2

Overall: 8.25/10






No comments:

Post a Comment